Tuesday 13 March 2012

Katie Couric Talks Cancer Advocacy, Love with Prevention

She's known for having delivered the world's news to homes across the States for the past 33 years, and now Katie Couric finds herself adorning the cover of the April 2012 issue of Prevention magazine.

The 55-year-old journalist/author donned a stylish blue frock and necklace from Michael Kors for the George Lange shot front page while opening up about everything from her cancer advocacy to being optimistic on finding love again.

Highlights from Miss Couric's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Prevention!

On being proud of her cancer advocacy:
"I don't mean to sound morbid, but I'm hoping that 'cancer advocate' will be the first line of my obituary. It's definitely what I'm proudest of. I think journalism serves people ? I do. But on the other hand, the idea that I've actually saved a few lives along the way through advocacy is incredibly gratifying to me."

On her exercise regimen:
"I do Spinning and Pilates in the morning, between 8:30 and 10, maybe four or five times a week. I used to play tennis once a week, but I kept missing my class. I want to get more into yoga this year. I think it's important for someone my age to stay flexible. And it's a great stress reducer. I tried hot yoga, but it's pretty tough for me. I usually feel like I'm going to pass out."

On the lessons she tries to teach her girls:
"I try to set a good example in terms of dealing with failure or setbacks. I think one of the problems is a lot of parents ? myself included ? don't allow their kids to fail. Overparenting does a disservice, because we're not allowing kids to develop coping skills when they don't get perfect grades or win school elections. It's something that I think about."

On whether she's optimistic about finding love again:
"of course! I am a person who really enjoys having a partner. I'm pretty much a glass half-full kind of person. That hasn't changed."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/katie-couric/katie-couric-talks-cancer-advocacy-love-prevention-594091

Emma Stone Emma Watson Emmanuelle Chriqui Emmanuelle Vaugier

No comments:

Post a Comment