Tuesday 21 February 2012

Diddy Announces Music-Themed Revolt TV

'Revolt TV is bringing that revolution that television needs,' Diddy says in video announcing his cable network.
By Rob Markman


Diddy
Photo: Getty Images

Diddy television is official. After weeks of unconfirmed reports and unofficial announcements Sean "Diddy" Combs took to YouTube on Tuesday (February 21) to introduce Revolt TV, his music-themed cable network.

"The revolution will be televised," the Bad Boy CEO dramatically began his three-and-a-half-minute announcement. Revolt, which will be distributed by Comcast, is part of the company's commitment to put more minority-run cable networks on television. USA Today reports that NBA star Magic Johnson and filmmaker Robert Rodriguez are also developing their own networks with the cable giant.

"When I was growing up, I was watching television all the time — I used to wonder, 'Why don't those people look like me, or talk like me or walk like me?' So thank you to Comcast; my hat goes off to you for being the first to step up," Diddy said before inviting Time Warner, DirecTV and other cable providers to also pick up his channel.

During a January interview with MTV News, the music mogul responded to the premature reports, only going on record to confirm that Revolt will bring a "new energy" to television. He also gave props to music networks like MTV for paving the way.

"Revolt TV is bringing that revolution that television needs," Diddy said in the clip. "I grew up watching BET and MTV and HBO and NBC, and I had a dream. I had a dream that one day I would get a chance, an opportunity to show my perspective coming from a musical standpoint.

Revolt TV is expected to go live at the end of 2012.

Are you excited about Diddy's Revolt TV? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679594/diddy-revolt-tv.jhtml

Alicia Keys Alicia Witt Amanda Bynes Amanda Detmer

No comments:

Post a Comment